Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Friends


In 1987… I entered my classroom

as a timid and meek 10-year-old

newcomer to the school,

very unsure of myself.

Made friends with three other girls

of the same kind

and we grew up together,

fighting and frolicking

and relishing every moment.

In a while, we were the notorious four in the class.

Unforgettable and lovely days they were.

 

Two of them left the school in a couple o’ years.

One left no address behind,

while I hung on to the other thru letters

which also weaned off with time!

The third and I were parted to different sections

and soon she also left the school.

We four were lost to each other!

 

Life took us in different directions

Love, career, kids and what not,

intense with the lives we were living.

Though we hardly even thought about each other

we lay in a corner of each other’s minds.

 

In 2004… I was in the beach,

my husband and I, playing with our 2-year old.

I noticed two cute kids running about

and their mom trailing behind.

She looked familiar; I tried to place her.

Oh! It’s my good old friend.

Unabated joy of finding a lost beloved!

We hugged and were swept by the memories

of two decades that rested between us.

We quickly got in touch with the third and

all met in between our busy schedules.

We parted again to different countries,

thanks to Facebook and Whatsapp, to keep us linked.

 

This week, they came and stayed with me.

Sitting in the foothills of the misty mountains,

we spent two days chatting and recollecting

and sharing about our beloved families and friends

and our ways of living.

We got back to our very own selves

…and frolicked and confessed.

Two more memorable days to count on.

Thanks to the two angels for being in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment