Monday, 27 January 2014

Cow


I took  all my students to the cow shed this week. They observed the cows, bulls and the sweet little calves there and wrote such wonderful poems on them. Here is mine -

How can I describe a cow?
Words wouldn’t suffice!
Captivated by your beautiful eyes,
resembling a fierce warrior’s,
here I stand dumbstruck.

I look at your spear-like horns
that adorn your heroic heads.
Can they penetrate a heart?
Do they harm
Or show only charm?

Splish Splash! Your udders move as you walk.
You give us your milk every day
even before you feed your calf.
When I stroke your neck, you raise your head and enjoy,
While I feel the warmth of a cosy cushion.
Moo Moo! Keeps calling your little one
Oh, when will she be done?
What do you keep chewing all the time?
Didn’t the bubble gum makers chase you
to model in their ads?

What a marvellous creation you are!
Cows… You simply ROCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment