6
Jan 2011
A day without children during School time
is something I can’t imagine big time.
But they say, it should happen
for our intellect to sharpen.
A break from routine for a day
can relax and rejoice us in a way.
Not being with them from morning till night
I felt, was not right.
With Guru Pooja, we started at dawn,
the Staff, together with our practices on.
To all the temples, we did go
On return, we posed for a group shot, did you know?
We ate the much-longed-for ashram brunch
instead of the crunchy School breakfast and lunch.
Silent Synergetic Sadhguru’s Satsang on the projector
to work on our limitations as a reflector.
Many staff discussions on School guidelines
with arguments and debates that usually rains.
At twilight, the staff football match in the field
watched by our budding footballers that bawled.
Only then did I know how hard it was to kick a ball,
but I tried to hide my appal.
The day culminated at dusk with a moon-lit dinner.
hot delectable dishes straight from the kitchen cinder.
Fusion music from our staff soar,
sweet as a gentle breeze – can you ask for more?
I enjoyed the dance numbers by some
that went hand in hand with the drum.
We bade good-bye and returned to our house
to see our cute little children not grouse.
Fresh as the newly bloomed evening flowers, with laugh
they said they too had a GREAT DAY OFF!!
No comments:
Post a Comment